Behind the progress
Since 1969, the Central Midlands Council of Governments (CMCOG) has been assisting local governments develop local and regional plans within the four midlands counties (Fairfield, Lexington, Newberry, Richland) of South Carolina, as well as providing local governments with planning and technical support to improve the quality of life within the region.
CMCOG currently consists of 15 member governments and serves in excess of 725,000 people by providing a regional forum, which allows local officials to seek out common goals and address regional concerns. Today, CMCOG provides a variety of local and regional planning services and technical assistance to local governments within the four-county region.
To provide the highest quality of planning, technical assistance, and services to local governments, businesses, and citizens in the Central Midlands region.
- Provide a regional forum where any local government can have issues heard that need addressing.
- Advocate on behalf of regional governments, businesses, and citizens.
- Provide planning and technical assistance with current and future needs of the region in mind.
CMCOG Transportation Subcommittee Meeting (COATS MPO) – November 14th @ 12 p.m. – CMCOG Conference RoomNovember 14 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- FY 2020 & 2021 Draft Rural Planning Work Program
- FY 2020 & 2021 Draft Unified Planning Work Program
- Blythewood Draft Final Report
- Sandy Run Draft Final Report
- Kershaw County - West Wateree Transportation Study - Final Report
- CMCOG Respite Application
- Central Midlands AAA Senior and Disability Service Directory
- Central Midlands 2017-2022 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS)
- 2018 SC AAA Needs Assessment Results