- This event has passed.
Silver Haired Legislature Candidate Filing Form
December 8, 2023 @ 8:00 am - December 30, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
SOUTH CAROLINA SILVER HAIRED LEGISLATURE
Bringing Together the Wisdom and Experience of Senior South Carolinians
The South Carolina Silver Haired Legislature (SCSHL) was created by the South Carolina General Assembly in 1999:
- to identify issues, concerns, and possible solutions for problems faced by citizens of SC with special emphasis on issues related to seniors;
- to make recommendations to the Governor and members of the SC General Assembly;
- to educate the public on Senior issues;
- to encourage Seniors to participate actively in public affairs;
- to function on a nonpartisan basis; and
- to promote good government for all South Carolinians.
POSITIONS OPEN: SCSHL CENTRAL MIDLANDS CAUCUS
The Central Midlands Caucus of the SCSHL represents Fairfield, Lexington, Newberry, and Richland Counties. Persons who are 60 years or older and registered to vote in their county of residence are eligible to serve as a Delegate. Delegates in the Caucus meet every second month at the Central Midlands Council of Governments. Positions are open for Delegates in all Counties. Anyone interested in becoming a candidate for election as a Delegate in the Central Midlands Caucus should:
- Complete a candidate filing form available at the Central Midlands Council of Governments website: Silver Haired Legislature Candidate Filing Form
- Return the completed form to Lwoolley@centralmidlands.org