CMCOG has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), 49 CFR, Part 26. CMCOG receives federal financial assistance from the USDOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, CMCOG will sign an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR, part 26.
It is the policy of CMCOG to ensure that all businesses have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in USDOT assisted contracts. It is also CMCOG’s policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of USDOT assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs and small businesses can compete fairly for USDOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR, part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs and small businesses in USDOT assisted contracts; and
- To promote the use of DBEs in all types of federally-assisted contracts and procurement activities conducted by the CMCOG
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE Program.
- To provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of Federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBEs.
CMCOG will present this policy statement to the CMCOG’s Board of Directors and all components of the organization. CMCOG will published and distributed notice of this document and the DBE goal in general circulation publications and on the CMCOG website. Attached, please find the updated plan for review.